The mixed-use category includes the winner AJ100 Building of the Year 2022 Circus Street By shedkm for developer U+I, described as “a new piece of city sewn into the urban grain of Brighton”. Other final projects were designed by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris, Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios, and Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates.
Four buildings in the Greenwich Design District of Knight Dragon have been shortlisted for the workplace up to the £10m class, with Planned by Architecture 00else by David Kohn Architects and ‘office’ building C3 by HNNA General Architects (for which the architect was also selected in the masterplan list).
Finally, there are five workplace shortlisted schemes of £10m and above, including 100 Bishopsgate by Allies and Morrison 181 m high tower for the city of London.
In total, more than 140 projects have been shortlisted in 19 categories for this year’s AJ Architecture Awards, the annual showcase of the UK’s best built projects.
Among the expert judges, who have begun visiting each shortlisted scheme and will continue to do so through the summer, are Christine Lees of Grimshaw and Pippa Dow of Dow Jones and Yeats Web Architects co-founder Steve Webb.
Also among the jury members are Sumita Sengha, Daisy Frode and former AJ architecture editor Laura Mark.
In addition to the distinct design, judges will consider how each project met or exceeded its brief, how it enhanced client or community engagement and how it differentiated in the use of space or sense of place. They will also analyze the sustainability measures that have been put in place.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Hilton Metropole, London, on November 23. Find more details and book here.
mixed use project
Sponsored by Cembrit
- Bream Street from Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- 129-139 Beaumont Road by Davy Smith Architects
- Battersea Exchange by Fielden Clegg Bradley Studios
- One Venue Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
- Hanover by Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands
- Farm Street by MSMR Architects
- The cabin was designed by Neat Architects
- Circus Street will build you
Workplace (up to £10m) Project
- Bloqs – Meridian Business Open Access Factory by 5th Studio
- AHMM Studio in the White Collar Factory by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- Design area C1 by Architecture 00
- Design area D1 by Architecture 00
- Design area by David Kohn Architects
- Dryden Enterprise Center by Evans Vettori Architects
- Office in Design District C3 by HNNA
- DL/78 by MSMR Architects
- The new headquarters of Pilmour House for St Andrews Links Trust by Nicoll Russell Studios
- Square & Co. One-stop Shop Studios
- 6 Orsman Road by Wu Thistleton
Workplace (£10m and above) Project
- 100 Bishopsgate by Allies and Morrison
- Meta Desk (11-21 Rich Channel) by Bennetts Associates
- technology by Buckley Gray Yoman
- Billy from Ormes
- Gramophone powered by Studio RHE
The AJ Architecture Awards are supported by: